Common programming requests for Inter-Tel systems including the 5000 CS, Axxess, Axxent and Encore.
Inter-Tel 5000 CS, Axxess and Axxent
These systems share very common programming directions, differences will be noted.
Set Time and Date
- While telephone is idle, enter "9800". Display shows "DATE:"
- Enter Date: MM:DD:YY. If the date is correct, press "#" to skip this entry.
- The display will show "TIME". Enter the time in 12-hour format.
- The display will show: "Press 1 for AM, press 2 for PM." Select one.
- Press "#" to exit.
Toggle Night Mode
- While telephone is idle, press the "Night" key. The key will be illuminated.
- If you do not have a "Night" key, while telephone is idle, dial "9860".
- The message on the display will confirm that Night Mode is On/Off.
- If a system alarm appears on the display, write down the number. Alert your system vendor and inform them of the code.
- To clear the alarm and return the display to normal view, while the phone is idle dial "9850" on standard LCD sets.
Programming System Speed Dial Numbers
Note: If you make a mistake, press MUTE to backspace or * to cancel the entry and start over.
- While the phone is idle, dial "9801".
- Enter the Speed storage location number (000-999 on the 5000 CS and Axxess) (01-99 on the Axxent).
- Enter the name for the Speed Dial number using the alpha characters on the dial pad.
- Press "#" to save the name.
- Enter the telephone number (up to 32 digits) to be stored.
Note: To include a "*","#", pause, or hook flash in the number, press "SPCL": once for "*", twice for "#", three times for hook flash, and four times for a pause.