Common programming requests for Mitel systems including the 5000 HX, SX-200 and the MCD.
Mitel MiVoice Office
Set Time and Date
- While telephone is idle, enter "9800". Display shows "DATE:"
- Enter Date: MM:DD:YY. If the date is correct, press "#" to skip this entry
- The display will show "TIME". Enter the time in 12-hour format
- The display will show: "Press 1 for AM, press 2 for PM." Select one
- Press "#" to exit.
Toggle Night Mode
- While telephone is idle, press the "Night" key. The key will be illuminated
- If you do not have a "Night" key, while telephone is idle, dial "9860"
- The message on the display will confirm that Night Mode is On/Off
- If a system alarm appears on the display, write down the number. Alert your system vendor and inform them of the code
- To clear the alarm and return the display to normal view, while the phone is idle dial "9850" on standard LCD sets
Programming System Speed Dial Numbers
If you make a mistake, press MUTE to backspace or * to cancel the entry and start over.
- While the phone is idle, dial "9801"
- Enter the Speed storage location number (000-999)
- Enter the name for the Speed Dial number using the alpha characters on the dial pad
- Press "#" to save the name
- Enter the telephone number (up to 32 digits) to be stored
To include a "*","#", pause, or hook flash in the number, press "SPCL": once for "*", twice for "#", three times for hook flash, and four times for a pause.
Forwarding Phantoms to Outside Numbers
This operation can be performed from any phone attached to the Mitel system.
- While the phone is idle, dial 359
- Enter the extension number of the phantom station to program
- Enter the password followed by the # sign. The password will be the same as the extension number
- Dial 355 to forward the phantom>
- Dial 8 followed by the phone number and press #